| || |
Search the web
EMSIS project main portal
GoalsIn the context of final Master project at ISAE (For Engineeringdiploma), we aims to realize a Java/j2ee/Netbeans/SOA Open Sourceproject. We choose to realize a real useful project usable by PublicSchool in Lebanon.
Functional NeedsThis project will contain at least some basic modules such as:
- School Descriptionand information's
- StudentRegistration, enrollment, and grading
- Human ResourceModule
- School Accounting
- Planning (Time table)
- Grading and student follow up
- School Facility Management
- Course Management system
- Tools for parents
Aims architectureSchool and the Ministry are linked throw an extranet network theapplication will use Basically a multi-tier J2EE/SOA Framework. EMSISwill have both heavy and thin client interface.
First Milestone - sprint 1 - expected 15 may
View The pre-model of emsis
- Define the scope of the project for the first 5months scope overview
- Start with the team: Using The tools, Describe and teach the process, What is OpenSource, getting Team Leaders (chosen between 60 registered students)
- Get all relevant documents
- Define the final architecture
Second Milestone - sprint 2
Implementing a central repository that model all schools(The data center main repository)
Implementing the distributed database of students
Third MilestoneImplementing The student registration, with theconsolidation at the National Level (in the central data center of theministry)
This milestone and the others will be defined by the team ...
The potential team
- The Project Owner : Pascal Fares - ISAE professor email@example.com
- All the Engineering students (60 persons)
- Team leaders (some of the 60 students)
- Any dynamic contributor: Open Source Guru, J2EE SOAarchitects, Java Developers, School Information System specialists, ...
Where to get more information'sThis project is part of an online course that you could reach at Networkand distributed systems (The course is in French);A forum (in french) could be used by the contributor look at ForumISAE, And finally the new wiki page hosted by Java.net atthis address emsis
A collaborative developpement processThe main activities:
Ideas ---> Design --> Implement ---> Integrate
Golden Rule: If you need something to be done ask for it in the issue tracker.
Audience and volunteers competencies
- Government: Educational Staff (end users)
- School managers (Requirements/end users)
- Teachers (Requirements/end users)
- Students and parent students (end users/opinions)
- Project Managers (Worker)
- UML Modeling (Worker)
- Developers (Java/j2ee/BPEL/Web)
Moreabout the owner
The Definition subpageprovides a list of queries for viewing the requirements for theproject. From here you can view requirements and the tasks anddocuments that support the requirements. This subpage also displaysDefinition documentation.
The Design subpage provides a list of queries that you can run todisplaycompleted requirements that are being converted into feature designs.It also displays Design documentation.
- Code & Build
The Code & Build subpage provides a list of queries to displayallfeatures for which designs are complete and development has begun. Italso displays code inspection documentation.
The Testing subpage provides a list of queries for all of the featuresthat are available for testing or have been tested, and all of thedefects found during testing. It also provides a link to a test plandocumentation.
The Deployment subpage provides links to the release images and releasenotes for the completed product, along with place-holders for documentssuch as the installation instructions, the release notes, and the userguide. It also provides a link to a a release management plan.
The Support subpage provides links to artifacts regarding customersupport issues, and allows you to convert customer cases into defectsthat can be fed back into the design process. It also provides a linkto a support plan.
- Project Management
The Project Management page displays links to project schedules andtasks based on information in the Dashboard tool, queries of alllifecycle artifacts, and links to other documents related to projectmanagement.
The Communications page displays a list of project members, and linksto communication tools such as project Announcements, Mailing Lists,and the WebEx service.
- Metrics and Reporting
The Metrics and Reporting page displays graphical reports of thedifferent artifacts produced in a project.
The Integrations page displays links to third-party applications (suchas an automated build system) and output from these applications.